How to assign a Word command or macro to a hot-key
Article contributed by Bill Coan
- Choose Customize on the Tools menu, then click Keyboard...
- In the Categories list, choose either “All Commands” or “Macros”, as appropriate.
- In the list on the right, choose a command or macro.
- Enter a key combination in the space provided.
- Before clicking Assign, look where it says “currently assigned to”, and make sure you are not about to reasign a really useful shortcut!
- Also before clicking Assign, select the template where you want the assignment to be stored.
- Click Assign, then Close.
- Hold the Shift key down and select File + Save All, to save your changes to the template.